Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Her Smile....

She Stood there , Alone , Bewildered
I could hear the patter of raindrops.

She looked at me , She was shivering.
She had honesty on her face.
But Somewhere something was wrong.

I went upto her
Could see the anxiety in her face
Her feet grinded.

Apprehension in the air.

I didnt know what To say , but there was lots to think.
I tried hard to woo her , win her confidence.

I could see her face , epitome of innocence,
Could have clampered towards her , and hold her
But
Dreaded she might not like it.

In the silence of the night .
I stood there with the girl.
Trying hard to forge a conversation, which she didnt comply.

Finally ,

I took her hand , and waded across the road
She didnt resist, as if she wanted this to happen.
I tried hard to comfort her , but she knew it was temporary.

I held her hand tightly , how i wished i could have done for my entire life.
I took her to her destination.
Though i couldnt give her anything but she gave me loads.

Just as i was leaving , she gave a smile , a smile that relieved my worries .
A smile to live for.

Hope someday the world wakes up to see those smiles .


There are so many children out on the streets , so many who dont have a future , just a kind gesture from our side , can bring smiles to these innocent faces .

3 comments:

Perfect Misfit said...

dude change your blogroll to :)

http://perfectmisfit.wordpress.com/

AbbY said...

one more besty ....keep it up dude ...

barun said...

Hmmm..