Sunday, July 25, 2010

A face in the crowd

I was standing by the door , waiting for my station
I looked around just to see with whom i am sharing the moments with,
A glance here and there , i guess i was quite habituated by this daily exercise
As my glance was coming to an end ,indicated by the announcement
There across the next door , stood a face which stood apart from the rest
My glance became a look , a prolonged look
The face was fresh , genuine and surreal.
I felt an uncanny anxiousness of losing that face forever
knowing that i might not see her again,
Another face lost in the crowd, I moved towards her
She stood there , unconcerned
I was now pretty close to her , she was modest yet sophosticated
no opulence but a face worth my efforts.
I came close to her , everything about her was so serene
I was in a trance , a sense of comfort crept in broken by the screeching halt.
This is it , i meet so many faces hardly anyone bothers but why is this face
constantly playing with my senses.
I got down with a belief that some faces are just face in the crowd
But do i get to see that face again
Well a face is a face but her face was not a face in the crowd.

1 comment:

Tina Sarkar said...

I m not sure whether this poem has been written by u or not...but if it is..I must say its awesome....